Our Contract And Health Guarantee
RiverSyde Cattery Purchase Agreement
Name:________________________Date of Birth_______________________
THIS KITTEN IS BEING SOLD TO:
Address of Buyer:_______________________________________________
City, State, Zip:_________________________________________________
RiverSyde Cattery (Seller) agrees to sell to Buyer, the kitten designated
above for a price of $____________which includes a non-refundable deposit of
$__________ paid on (date)__________________________________.
Balance of purchase price to be paid before delivery of the kitten. If shipping is
required, Buyer is responsible for all shipping fees (airline fees, appropriate
carrier, health certificate) which will be no less than $300. Delivery costs will be
negotiable between Buyer and Seller if transporting by car. Failure to pay in full
for the kitten and shipping costs will result in loss of deposit by Buyer and
Seller shall then be free to place the kitten with another buyer.
The kitten described above is being sold as a pet (not for breeding or showing)
and the following consideration:
- Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for the kitten and will provide
properly for its welfare. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten indoors in a
clean and pleasant environment, uncaged and with proper nutrition,
health care, and companionship.
- Buyer agrees that this kitten was purchased as a pet(not for breeding or
showing), and unless altered before sale, must be spayed or neutered
before the age of six months. Buyer assures and guarantees that this
kitten will not be used for breeding or stud. Registration papers will be
held until Buyer has provided Seller with a valid statement of
spay/neuter signed by a licensed veterinarian. Seller agrees to sign
kitten's registration papers over to the Buyer within 30 days of receiving
the appropriate documentation. If the buyer intentionally or unintentionally produces a litter of kittens with this cat, they agree to pay a $5000 fine per incident to the Breeder for breech of contract and they must immediately spay and neuter all offspring.
- Health Guarantee: This kitten is guaranteed of sound health upon
delivery or arrival, and for a period of 72 hours thereafter if vetted within
that time. Failure to have the animal checked by a licensed veterinarian
within 72 hours will void any guarantee. It is recommended that the new
kitten be quarantined during that 72-hour period. If found to be
medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening problem, this
must be reported to the Seller immediately. If professional medical care
is given to the kitten during the 72-hour period, the Buyer shall be
responsible for all veterinary and professional expenses incurred on
behalf of the kitten. The Seller shall at no time and under no
circumstances be liable for more that the replacement of the kitten.
Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten of equal value. The
Seller reserves the right to return a cash refund. If no replacement is
available at the time of return, Seller will have up to one year to furnish a
comparable kitten. The kitten cannot be returned for compensation after
the guaranteed period has expired and/or it has been exposed to
another cat. Seller will not honor any health guarantee if the kitten dies
of a virus from contact with another animal not bred at this Cattery. The
buyer agrees to provide immediate veterinary care to this kitten if it
shows signs of distress, illness, or injury. Failure to do so will render
the guarantee null and void. If the kitten dies within the guarantee
period, despite medical treatment, compensation will be made ONLY if
a licensed veterinarian certifies the cause of death. When the kitten
arrives at your home he/she will have been inoculated at least once for
(1) Panleukopenia, (2) Viral Rhinotracheitis, (3) Calicivirus. Unless you pick up the kitten prior to 12 weeks, then it will have not received Panleukopenia. Upon buyer's first veterinarian visit it is suggested that the buyer discuss the
FeLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) and FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis)
vaccines with their veterinarian and proceed according to the
veterinarian's suggestion at that time.
- The kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for TWO YEARS only
- if the kitten is on the Life's Abundance system (food, treats, vitamins)
- the entire time. This must be purchased through the link on my page or
- by visiting www.pethealthatyourdoor.com . Should the animal die within
- that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced
- ONLY if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian
- and a veterinarian's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A
- replacement will be made of a cat of comparable quality and value, as
- available, at the discretion of the Seller. NO CASH REFUNDS.
- The buyer agrees that this cat will at no time be sold, leased, or given to
any pet shop, animal dealer, animal research facility, animal shelter or
to anyone who has ever been convicted of neglect of or cruelty to an
animal, nor shall it be abandoned. It is the intention of the Seller that the
Buyer be a permanent placement. If at any time the Buyer becomes
unable to care for the kitten, Seller is given the right of first refusal. If the
Seller does not receive the kitten, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to
place the kitten in a home that meets the same conditions as stated in
Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought
in Douglas County in the state of Nebraska. Buyer shall be liable for any court
costs and related charges including attorney's fees associated with Seller
enforcing the terms of this contract. This agreement is the entire agreement
- The kitten should be isolated from other pets for at least one week to
acclimate to its new surroundings.
- Any changes to the kittens diet should be made slowly as sudden
changes may result in episodes of diarrhea.
- Your kitten has been fed Life's abundance dry food
It is recommended that your kitten remain on this food for at least
the first 2 years and have access to dry food and fresh water at all times.
- The kitten should be given frequent and kind human attention with a
generous amount of play and exercise.
- The kitten should not be caged with the exception of short-term
confinement if necessary.
- Your kitten is Littermaid automatic litter box trained and has been using Naturally Fresh
In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, fully
understands, and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above sale.
As our first concern is for the well-being of our cats, we reserve the right to
refuse the sale of any cat or kitten to any individual at any time.